For my eating, I am going to switch from white rice to brown rice. My aunt taught me a few days ago how to properly cook it. “By reading the directions” LOL and I felt absolutely ditsy for that one.
Last year all I ate was white rice with just about every meal I cooked and I still managed to lose that 30 lbs. Last year I learned that white rice is taboo when it comes to weight loss but since I enjoyed it so much with my meals and I was seeing results I continued to eat it. The white rice did help me especially since I ate it in moderation. Now, imagine what brown rice can do 😀
Every meal I have or anything I eat will be prepped and cooked by my self. I am going to try to stay away from packaged foods like chips and candy. Aside from packaged foods I do like the apple sauce that is made ready to go. I just did a little research on it and according to the internet the apple sauce is 50/50. One site said “its full of sugar” then the other said “It’s healthy!” so I’m going to include it but in moderation. I also want to get into eating oatmeal even though I’m not a big fan of it I keep seeing it all over fitness places so I want to give it a try and see if I can adjust to it. Yesterday I tried some oatmeal for breakfast and I liked it. It was mixed with apple but I couldn’t make it through the whole meal. I just ate a banana and drunk some water with it.
Along with that I will have my favorite foods; bell peppers, garlic, onions, chicken breast, salmon (maybe), my herbs consisting of thyme, Oregon and others. I NEVER EVER EVER use salt in my food. I don’t care if the recipe calls for it. Never will I willingly use salt ever again and I haven’t. That’s the biggest change of my eating in 2013. I stopped putting salt in my food. Last but not least I always have to have some type of fruit to eat. Whether it be watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, oranges or bananas. Some type of fruit has to go into my body every day. I love whole fruits. Since I already have my veges, grains, fruits and meats. I am not going to worry about including baby spinach into my meal plan like I did last year. The reason for that is because the packs that I would normally purchase for the baby spinach come in are huge quantities. By the end of the week they’re already going bad before I can even finish it. So I waste $3 every week. This year is all about getting what I know I am going to eat.
Last year was really my trial and error phase with eating too. I now know what I like eating and what I don’t like eating. I would love to eat all of the healthy cheeses, the avocados, cucumbers, celery, mushrooms, grapefruits, tomatoes and lemons but I just don’t like how they taste. Not to mention I’m allergic to some of them when eaten raw.
I will only be eating 3 – 4 times a day and they will always persist around these things listed. Overall this is what I will be eating:
- Whole wheat bread with peanut butter and/or banana sandwich
- Bowl of Oatmeal with a whole fruit or toast
- Omelet with bell pepper and onions (meat optional)
- Half of a baby watermelon
- Whole wheat bread with turkey, lettuce or romaine lettuce, cheese (optional) & mustard
- Toasted whole wheat bread with I can’t believe its butter
- Tuna Sandwich (whole wheat bread) made with celery and egg only. No Mayo!!!
- Fruit options: watermelon, cantaloupe, oranges, grapes, strawberries and bananas
- Drinks: Water
Dinner (Always cooked with extra virgin olive oil)
- Bell pepper, onion, garlic, chicken breast stir fry with brown rice or mashed potatoes
- Baked Corn bread (No sugar or vegetable oil) sometimes I will add vegetables to it.
- Baked Herb Salmon
- Stuffed bell peppers
- Hamburger Helper (My use to cook this all the time I remember it being AMAZING lol)
- Hamburger with baby spinach, cheese, ketchup, mustard and cooked onions
- Mashed Potatoes with hamburger, onions and garlic gravy (Yummy!)
- Tuna sub with honey oat bread from subway
- Drinks: Water or Fruit Detox
Some recipes I want to try:
- Noodles with Beef Moroccan
- Egg Muffins with Veges
- Stuffed baked potatoes with eggs and bacon
I’m hungry just from thinking about all of this. I’m actually going to go make my dinner now because I am starving!